Chamber Benefits for Newcomers
Build Your Network
New to the area or career change? Joining the West Hartford Chamber is a great way to build your personal and professional network.
Celebrate Your Business with a Ribbon Cutting
- The West Hartford Chamber can perform a Ribbon Cutting ceremony for your new business or renovation. This is a great way to invite other professionals to your business and are attended by Town officials and Chamber Board Directors and staff. Ribbon Cuttings are also advertised by the Chamber in our weekly e-newsletter and press releases to local media.
Extend Your Network at Chamber Events
- Connections meets the 1st and 3rd Friday mornings of every month and is the way to start to familiarize yourself with the Chamber community.
- Business After Hours is the 2nd Thursday evening of every month and is held at a different member's business each time. This casual mix and mingle is the perfect setting to build relationships.
- Ribbon Cuttings are open for Chamber members to attend and are a great way to meet new businesses and new local professionals.
- Signature events are annual functions throughout the year focused on specific topics and have the highest attendance.
Join a Committee to Deepen Relationships
- The Chamber has a variety of committees that are groups of members with specific purposes to serve the Chamber. These focused groups allow for networking with other professionals in your business industry and participation in a committee enhances your visibility within the community.
- FLOW (Future Leaders of West Hartford) is the West Hartford Chamber's young professionals division and is focused on development associated with professionals in the earlier stages of their careers. This proactive group engages young professionals in a variety of ways including local philanthropic events, educational programs, and after hour socials.
Use SCORE to Get A Head Start
- This nonprofit association is dedicated to entrepreneurial education and the formation, growth and success of small businesses. SCORE (the Service Corp of Retired Executives) provides face-to-face and email business counseling to help small businesses evaluate plans, stabilize, grow, innovate and succeed.