For All Ages, Inc.
- Associations & Non-Profits
For All Ages™ is a non-profit organization connecting the generations and inspiring action to end loneliness and ageism.
We create evidence-informed, positive, collaborative experiences between the generations to end loneliness and isolation, change the dialogue on aging, and improve health and well-being. We offer both virtual and in-person programs and events for people of all ages.
Pre-pandemic, more than 60% of Americans reported feeling lonely. That was more than 2.1 million people in CT alone. Loneliness and social isolation have been identified as key social determinants of health, negatively impacting the health and well-being of people of all ages. Loneliness is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, dementia, anxiety, depression, addiction, and suicide. The negative health impacts of loneliness and isolation are equal to smoking 15 cigarettes/day, and are more detrimental to health than obesity.
And having a positive view on aging reduces the risk of dementia and increases longevity by 7.5 years.
Since launching in 2019, we have connected more than 530 older adults and youth across 33 towns for more than 3,400 hours of engaging, creative programs.
Ending loneliness is more important than ever before and is an essential component of improving the health of Connecticut's residents of all ages.
- Our innovative, virtual Tea @ 3 Community sessions run twice a year and connect people age 18+ intergenerationally.
- Our Joyful Notes Project combats loneliness experienced by isolated older adults.
- Our Buddies & Bobbers Learn-to-Fish Fishing Derby connects youth age 6-12 with experienced anglers for a morning of fun.
- Our Unite by Light luminary event (Simsbury) unites the community, brings joy, and creates a brighter world.