Distracted Driving AwarenessName: Distracted Driving AwarenessDate: June 27, 2018Time: 5:25 PM - 8:30 PM EDTEvent Description:An open event to all that want to learn about the dangers of distracted driving as well as ways to keep your children safe as well as fellow passengers on the road and pedestrians / bikers on the side.
- Perfect for new drivers, teen drivers, soon to be drivers, parents, good Samaritans.
- Join us for a powerful evening as we discuss the real problem we are facing today in society. Distracted Driving.
- The Problem –
- - 37,461 lives were lost on U.S. roads in 2016, an increase of 5.6% from 2015 (data not yet available for 2017)
- - 10% of fatal crashes and 15% of injury crashes in 2015 were distraction-affected. (The NSC estimates that cell phone related crashes alone accounted for 27% of 2015 car crashes – let alone other distractions)
- - In 2015, there were 3,477 people killed and an estimated additional 391,000 injured in crashes involving distracted drivers
- - The fatal crash rate for teens is 3 times greater than for drivers age 20 and over, with driver distraction responsible for more than 58% of teen crashes
This talk will be perfect for families with soon to be drivers, teen drivers, adults, pedestrians.
- There will be two panel discussion from 6-6:45pm and 7:15-8pm to accommodate schedules and have a trade show set up for information gathering between talks.
- Panelists Include: Joel Freeman founder of End Distracted Driving, Amy Watkins from Watch for Me CT, Connecticut Children's Medical Center(Others being finalized) Moderated by Ryan Michael Keating and Attorney Peter Bowman
- Partner Sponsors: We-Ha.com CT Kids & Family End Distracted Driving, Keating Agency Insurance
- Food will be provided.