The goal of the West Hartford Chamber of Commerce is to encourage the development of business and enhance the quality of life in our community.
The West Hartford Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the development, advancement, and promotion of the professional, business, educational, civic, and cultural well being of our town. Membership dues and annual fundraisers support the Chamber. Especially important to us is the satisfaction of our members. The Chamber continually looks to improve its benefits package to give businesses the most value for their investment dollars.
105 Years of History
On May 1, 1907 a meeting was held with the idea of forming an association of business men and citizens for the consideration and promotion of the business and public interests of the community. Mr. Allen B. Judd acted as chairman of the meeting. No definite action was taken until March, 1908,when a public meeting was called and a committee was appointed to draft a set of by-laws and rules for the formation to be known as the West Hartford Business Men’s Association.
On April 10, 1908, the Association was formed and Allen B. Judd was elected President. In 1913, the Association was incorporated as the West Hartford Chamber of Commerce.
Today, the West Hartford Chamber of Commerce maintains an office at 948 Farmington Avenue and employs two full time staff. It has a broad program of work to involve its over 500 members, dedicated to the betterment of this community, its state and the nation.